Curiosity and suggestions on silicone mould
1. What are the advantages of silicone moulds?
- Flexibility: when it is bent or pressed the mould can regain his original shape
- Space-saving: it needs little space since it can easily be fold
- Unbreakable: it cannot be broken or damaged
- Thermal stability: it covers temperatures ranging from -60°C to + 260°C
- Maintenance: it can be washed in the dishwasher
- Versatility for use: it can be used in the oven, microwave oven, fridge and freezer
- Easy demoulding: thanks to the flexibility of the material, the cake can easily be removed
- Cooking in a healthy and correct way: thanks to its non-sticking coating, you can reduce the use of butter or oil.
2. What are the advantages of the Guardini silicone moulds?
- Silicone quality: liquid, platinic silicone of LSR quality.
- Non-toxic: the Guardini silicone is suitable for contact with food complying with all international regulations with regard to food contact.
- Odourless: Guardini silicone moulds don’t release a bed smell during cooking.
- No smoke: Guardini silicone moulds don’t generate smoke during cooking.
- Guaranteed security: the Guardini silicone is treated using a thermal procedure during about 5-6 hours, on average, in order to remove traces of volatile substances.
- Details elaborated: using the Guardini silicone moulds, all the details of their shapes are reproduced faithfully on the cake.
- Long lasting durability: if it is properly used, 3000 cooking procedures are guaranteed.
3. What does liquid platinic silicone mean?
With regard to the other kinds of silicone available on the market (solid silicone with platinic catalyst and solid silicone with peroxidic catalyst), the liquid platinic silicone is absolutely the purest and capable one of guaranteeing the full food safety. It is more expensive with regard to the other ones, it does not have toxic elements, it has the minor contents of volatile substances and it is usually used for the delicate medical fields. Compared to the solid platinic silicone, the liquid one has a major purity, non-stick and elasticity.
In brief, the main features of the silicone are as follows:
- Resistance and thermal stability (invariability of its technical, electric and mechanic characteristics) with temperatures ranging from -60°C to +260°C;
- Flexibility at low temperatures (-60°C);
- Resistance to ageing factors and atmospheric agents;
- Excellent electrical insulation;
- Non-stick coating and elasticity
The use of new technologies and procedures are involved in the working process of the liquid platinic siIicone. The shape of the liquid silicone moulds is made by injection into tempered steel moulds. Each finished product is treated by means of a thermal procedure carried out inside special furnaces for 5-6 hours. Now it is completely non-toxic and suitable for contact with food.
4. Which temperatures can we use for the Guardini silicone moulds?
The Guardini silicone moulds can be used with temperature ranging from -60°C to +260°C.
5. Can be used in microwave ovens?
Of course, the silicone moulds can be used in microwave ovens, excluding the ones with the “crisp” mode. They can also be used during the “defrosting” or “cooking” mode.
6. Can it be used to deep- freeze the food?
Of course, the silicone moulds can be used to deep-freeze and then can be placed in the freezer or microwave oven.
7. Can the Guardini silicone moulds be washed in the dishwasher?
They can be washed up by hand or in the dishwasher. We recommend not to use aggressive detergents or abrasive sponges.
8. Are the Guardini silicone moulds suitable for contact with food?
The Guardini silicone moulds are in compliance with and suitable for the food contact since the platinic silicone is completely odourless and flavourless. They are made in Italy and tested in order to check their technical and quality features safeguarding its consumers’ health.
9. Do the silicone moulds have to wash before their use?
We advise to wash the mould before its first use; it is better not to use the dishwasher. Wash up in hot soapy water. Don’t use aggressive sponges or aggressive detergents which could damage the non-stick coating.
10. Do the Guardini silicone moulds have to grease with butter or flour?
We advise to lightly grease the mould before its first use in order to improve its non-stick coating. In addition grease the mould, even if it is not its first use, when using oil/butter – free mixtures.
11. Can the silicone melt down in the oven?
The Guardini silicone moulds can resist high temperatures up to 260°C. Anyway, in case of exceeding the max recommended temperature, the silicone does not melt down, but it becomes rigid and could be broken.
12. May I immediately remove the cake after having taken out of the oven?
At the end of cooking, remove the mould and let the cake cool for some minutes before taking it out of the mould: carefully remove its border from the cake.
13. Which recommendations should I follow in order to use the moulds properly?
- Wash the mould before use; it is better not to use the dishwasher.
- For its first use, lightly grease the mould in order to improve its non-stick coating.
- Place the mould on the grid and pour the mixture into. Then put the mould together with the grid in the oven.
- At the end of baking, take it out of the oven and let it cool. Carefully remove the border of the mould attached to the cake before removing the cake
- Avoid the direct contact with the gas flame or the electric plates.
- Avoid heating the empty mould.
- Avoid using knives or sharp objects which could cut the surface of the mould.
- Don’t use abrasive sponges or aggressive detergents on the surface of the mould.
- The mould can be washed in the dishwasher (better not for the first time).
- The food silicone moulds can be used in traditional oven, in microwave ovens and in freezers. The mould can be put directly from the freezer (-60°C) into the oven (+260°C).
14. Should I adopt any specific cares when I put away the mould?
The silicone moulds are malleable. In fact they can be folded and rolled up several times with no risk of breaking. You can also put them inside drawers.
15. Could be dangerous to move the mould filled with the mixture? Could it be poured?
The flexibility is one of the features of the silicone mould. There are no particular problems if you move the mould carefully. Anyway, in order to reduce the possibility of spill, we recommend to fill the mould on the grid and then put the same grid in the oven. Pay attention to the handle of the mould during the movement. Thus, take the mould using two hands and keep the mould in tension.
16. What kinds of ovens can I use for silicone ovens?
Gas, electric, ventilated and microwave ovens.
17. What shapes are the Guardini moulds?
In our catalogue you can find a lot of silicone moulds in different shapes and various colours.
18. What cannot I absolutely do using the silicone moulds?
It is necessary to avoid the direct contact with the flame of gas and electric plates. Don’t heat the empty mould; don’t use knives or sharp objects which could cut the surface of the mould.
19. What can change during baking, using silicone moulds and not the traditional metal moulds?
In order to bake properly, we advise to use an oven temperature which is about 10°C higher and a time which is about more than 10 minutes considering the recipe instructions using metal moulds.
20. What can I do if the mould is greasy after a normal washing?
It is sufficient to boil the mould in water for 10 minutes in order to remove any trace of grease.